Thursday, October 27, 2011

Closing Recap

Closing went very well the other day.  Actually, it went a lot faster then I thought is was going to.  My hand wasn't even tired from signing my name and initials :)  And even better was taking home the check as we had more closing costs paid than due!  It was an amazing experience to open the door to our new home with our own key!  We've only noticed one thing thus far that'll need to be fixed at our 30 day follow up with the PM's; our mailbox is very wobbly.  I think the rain loosened up all the soil around it.

The fridge was delivered on closing day...and it looks perfect!

Our big moving day will be tomorrow.  I can't wait to get our own furniture and belongings set up. 

I've been busy painting.  Nothing like painting a room to appreciate the size of it!  The basement is tan.  And I painted my son's room dark blue (his favorite color).  The rest of the painting I plan on saving for weekend projects.  Once we get everything set up I'll post pictures.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations again and again! It's so nice that you were able to get in there to paint before the big move. I'm sure our walls will be white for like the first year, but you have such an advantage painting before any furniture is in there. I look forward to seeing pictures! Happy Moving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new home. Can't wait to see all your pictures. And when you are done painting, you want to come do mine - I hate painting. Guess I better learn the "pro" way, and quickly, I will have a lot of rooms to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Enjoy your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cant wait to see pictures!!!!!!
    I also can't wait to put paint on my walls :) Like you said, weekend projects...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations...it seems like just yesterday that I was welcoming you guys to our little blogging eFamily and here you are all moved in. Can't wait to see some pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, My wife and I are just starting out on our build of a Florence with Ryan homes.
    http://buildingflorence.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete